SPP Update: Week Four


     As I am writing this, I am in disbelief that the upcoming week will be the last week of the program! Regarding exams, we still have seven more to complete. The thought of having to take all of these exams in the span of a two weeks is a tad daunting, but knowing that after that I will be all done with this program makes it all worth it. 

Classes and Studying

     The set of exams that I had for this week were biochem and histology. Biochem was focused on cellular processes (Enzymes, DNA, DNA replication, etc.) this week and that wasn't too bad because they were topics that I've seen numerous times in my biological studies. Something that they always factor in is the clinical correlation, so that made the class a tad more interesting. Histology, on the other hand, had a lot of new and complex material. In general, you can tell cells apart (especially when you know what to look for), but certain tissues are very similar and that was the struggle of this week. We covered quite a few areas of the body, so that added to the madness.

     Studying wasn't horribly bad. I am pretty good at being disciplined, but having back to back exams is really draining. We finish our exam on Monday and the next day you've got to be on the grind to prep for the next set. Thankfully, the school year won't be like that. I'm just trying to remind myself that this will all be over soon. 

Outfits


     Thursday: I wore one of my favorite summer tops. I don't know about you, but I'm kind of a fan of the off the shoulder trend. I paired it with my patterned Old Navy pixie pants and some black sandals.


     Friday: I went for a black and coral look. The top has some pretty detailing on the back, but otherwise,  it was a pretty straightforward outfit.


     Monday: It has been very hot in Chicago, so I just went for some linen shorts and my flowy embroidered top. 


     Tuesday: I seriously have had this forever 21 top for years, and it makes a comeback every summer. I am a huge fan of the detailing at the neckline, and I like to pair it with some jeans for a cute yet laidback look.


     Wednesday: Today, I went for a classic red/navy color combo. I borrowed the silk scarf from Emily, and I think it dressed up my outfit from just being a basic striped tee. 

     I believe I addressed it last week, but it's been fun thinking about different ways to wear the same items. I am curious to see what I'll be able to come up with for the last couple weeks! I am sorry that these are short! I'm trying to give you guys the gist of what's going on, but trying not to overextend myself at the moment. I hope you guys are doing well and thank you for taking the time to stop by and see what I've been up to:) I'll talk to you guys soon!

~Genesis<3


No comments