June Recap 2016



     Hello All! I'd be lying if I didn't say that June was for sure a crazy one. As you may know, the bulk of my month has been made up of my SPP program ( Which I've kept you updated on!) and when I wasn't in class, the rest of my time was spent studying or doing normal human things. On occasion, I had the opportunity to break away from my everyday routine and do something somewhat fun, so instead of my normal week-to-week breakdown, this post will be more focused on this month's highlights. 

Highlights

     The first weekend in June, I had the chance to meet up with my Chicago squad. We hadn't had the opportunity to see each other in May, so it was really nice to catch up for a bit. We ventured out of our normal areas and checked out a little Tiki Bar in Logan Square called the Lost Lake. I was so glad that I stumbled upon this little place on Instagram because the drinks were amazing and the atmosphere was great. The place itself was small and intimate, but I think that made it all the more enjoyable. After a hectic first week, I was so glad to "get lost" for a bit with two of my best friends.






Our drinks were so pretty and obviously, so is G:)

My ride-or-dies

     The following weekend, my escape from studying was meeting up with my work friends in the suburbs. It had been quite some time since I had seen them, so it was nice to be able to see what everyone has been up to since I left. We celebrated Shay's birthday at Maggiano's and it was a great night filled with yummy food and lots of laughter. I feel that it was one of the first times that I felt what it might be like next year because although I was having a great time, at the back of my mind I was thinking about everything that I needed to study. Of course, my advice on that is to not do that to yourself, but we all have our moments. 

The Birthday Girl!

My work fam!

      The following weekend was Father's Day, but I also had exams to study for, so the most that I had the chance to do was go out to brunch with my parents. It was so nice to spend some time with them and we've really come to love this little place downtown. They make some amazing green chilaquiles, but the ricotta rhubarb pancakes I had were amazing as well!


     This past weekend was also spent studying hard for Anatomy and Physiology, but I snuck out to spend some time with Megan. We checked out Jeni's ice cream shoppe in Wicker Park, and it was AMAZING! They have some pretty creative ice cream flavors and they are all delicious. I happened to pick three different scoops: Atlantic Beach Pie ( a lemon version of key lime pie that had pieces of saltine crackers), Lemon and Blueberry, and Lavender. They were all amazing, but my favorite was the Atlantic Beach Pie. Wicker Park is one of my favorite areas of the city, so it was so amazing to have the chance to explore it a little more.


Meg all smiles because the ice cream was delicious

Best friends + Ice Cream = Pure Happiness

My delicious concoction

     I hope you enjoyed getting a little glimpse into what I've been doing for June. I've heard that M1 year offers way more breathing room that I've been given for this program, so hopefully my monthly recaps won't have to continue being in this format. Also, the good news is that next week I'm officially done with this program! So, I will also have a bit more freedom. I'll be combining the recap for the last two weeks into one post and that should be up next Friday! I'll be in exams Tuesday/Wednesday so I won't have time to write it until Thursday. 

      Hopefully, you guys had an amazing month! I can't wait to share what I get myself into for the month of July!

~Genesis<3




No comments