The Hunt Begins!

   
      With the beginning of my M1 year quickly approaching, something that has been at the front of my mind has been looking for apartments. I love interior design, so this is something that I really enjoy doing. Now, I don't think that I'll document the entire process, but I will try to give some updates here and there (maybe thrown in with my SPP updates?...not sure yet), so you can know what's been going on.

     When I first began thinking about what I would like my living situation to be next year, my first thought was to live on my own. I lived in a studio the last two years of undergrad, and I was incredibly happy and thought that I should try to go for that. But as I've been spending more time around campus, I've realized that I really love the neighborhood and I'd like to be able to live here. Unfortunately, this part of the city isn't really comprised of high rises, so a majority of what you find is 2-bedroom apartments. I gave it careful thought over the weekend and decided I'm taking my chances and going the roommate route. Ironically, I told my friends the opposite on Friday. But, come Sunday, I changed my mind.

     Living with my SPP roommate has been really great, so I figured that I might be lucky trying that for the school year. Back in April, when I came to visit the school for second look day, I met some girls that would be M1s and we exchanged numbers. I reached out to one of them over the weekend, and she is still in need of a roommate, so it works out for me. I've begun the process of looking for places and there are quite a few available, so it'll just be a matter of picking the one that works for us. Just for backup, I did check out a studio so far to have an option available in case I change my mind, but I think It'd be better to have a bigger space.

     I'll admit, I'm a bit nervous. I've never lived with anyone that I didn't know beforehand (except my current roomie), but I am thinking that since we will be both be a part of the same program it should go pretty well. If not, it would only be for a year. We are checking some places out this weekend, so hopefully, that goes well!

     Sorry, this post is rather short! My current schedule has my mind all over the place, but I love checking in. So, I figured I'd give you guys a little update:)

     I hope you guys are having a marvelous start to your week! I can't wait to show you guys what I've been up to on Thursday's post! Talk to you soon!

~Genesis<3

No comments