SPP Update: Week Two


     Where I left off last week, I was beginning to prep for my first two exams. Studying pretty much took up the majority of my weekend, and I forgot what that had felt like (Remember, I've been out of school for a year, so it's been a hot minute). I can't really say that I've missed the pre-exam stress, but I think overall, it wasn't too bad. Monday, we went to class and took our exams. I left my first exam (biochem) feeling pretty confident, and my second exam (histology) feeling okay, but nowhere near as confident as my first exam. Thankfully, I am happy to report that I did well on both of them and I am pretty proud of myself. It definitely felt very validating and makes me even more excited for next year. I know the volume of material that they'll expect me to know will be greater, but I think taking this course will allow me to have a solid foundation to build on. The remainder of this week has been post-test recovery as well as prep for the next set of exams on Monday. If you read my last post, you know that I've thrown apartment hunting into the mix, so I haven't gotten as much done as I would have liked. I think I should be okay but we shall see about that after next week. The end of this week will be the half-way mark for the program and it's crazy to think that three weeks later, I'll be finished and getting ready to start medical school.

Classes and Studying

     Classes have been pretty good. Obviously, some are better than others, and I think that has a lot to do with the instructors. The instructors overall are pretty great, but I'll have to admit that the anatomy department is winning at this school. Our past week was very biochem and histology oriented, but this current week has been very anatomy centered and I really enjoy that. One of the things that we do in anatomy is called teach backs and what we have to do for that is that we go into lab with our partners and we learn a region of the body in order to teach it back to the rest of our group. This week, it was my turn, so I had to go in and learn all the structures of the lungs and mediastinum and tomorrow I will teach it back to the rest of my group. 

     As far as studying goes, I've been doing pretty well. Prior to our exams, I was really trying to get it all in, and I did well. This post-test week hasn't been nearly as productive, but I still have the remainder of the week to get caught up, so I'm not too concerned. As I said last week, I'm pretty impressed with how good my focus is. I really hope this keeps up into the fall semester because I don't remember being this focused in undergrad. Maybe that gap year worked some magic. 

Outfits


     Thursday: The two items that I'm wearing I brought back from home over the first weekend. Over the first week, I realized that I had forgotten to pack some casual dresses for the warmer weather, so I grabbed a couple from home. This one is just one that I picked up at Target awhile ago. I paired it with some black sandals and a black cardigan.


     Friday: I wore my favorite color combo: coral and navy. I picked up these coral chinos at Gap the week before coming to SPP and I bought the Navy top at Target a while back. It has that lacy-overlay detailing (can't think of the real name for it), and its super pretty and versatile. I paired my outfit with some nude Sam Edelmann sandals.

     Monday: I went for a more casual look for exam day. I just wore a pair of my favorite jeans with a cute floral top and the same nude Sam Edelmann sandals.


     Tuesday: I wore an anchor printed button down (this is one of my favorite tops because I love nautical themed items) with a pair of navy chinos and my camel colored sandals.


     Wednesday: Today, I went for another of my favorite classic combos: a navy striped top and white pants. I'm pretty sure I've worn this combo a multitude of times, but I still love it. I paired it with my Sam Edelmann sandals (who were apparently the real M.V.P of the week).

     Otherwise, I was in comfy clothes or scrubs. Maybe, I'll try to get a scrub shot for you guys next week, but no promises haha. 

     I hope you guys have a fabulous rest of your week! I'm off to study anatomy, but I will talk to you soon!

~Genesis<3

No comments