SPP Update: Week Three


     Wow, so I can't believe we are already at the half-way mark for this program. I am hoping that the last couple weeks fly by so that I can enjoy a bit of my summer before starting my M1 year. This past week felt rather hectic for me. I had a lot of unexpected responsibilities thrown into the mix, and I was feeling the stress. The weekend was packed with things I needed to do and studying was a very large portion of that. I just trudged through and after testing on Monday, I was super exhausted. So, I'm sure you noticed that I didn't post on Tuesday and that had a lot to do with just being crazy busy this past weekend. I'm thinking that I might go ahead and stick to a once weekly schedule just because it will be less stressful for me, and I won't feel obligated to post something just to ensure that I have a post. If I do have anything additional to post, I'll try to post Tuesday. If not, you can for sure expect something from me on Thursdays. Anyway, other that being really busy, this week has been very revelatory that I am doing exactly what I should be, so that's what we'll discuss next.

Classes and Studying

     As I began to tell you last week, the latter half of the week was very anatomy oriented and I LOVED it. I had my teach back on Thursday and it was the first time that I really got a chance to interact with the cadaver. It was like a flashback to high school biology because I jumped right into it. I can't exactly tell you how crazy it feels to be able to just be all up in someone's body learning all the things that allow us to function the way that we do, but it was an incredible feeling. I think in that moment, it helped to clear any of the hesitation that I had working with cadavers and anatomy lab has become one of my favorite places. Anatomy is by no means easy, but I think that is the most hands-on experience that we'll have as med students for a bit. So, it is important to enjoy it. They often say that the cadavers we work with are our "first patients" and I can see that. Obviously, I am not practicing my bedside manner, but I am learning many of the things that will allow me to become an excellent physician one day and that is super cool. 

     Studying has been alright. I was kinda stressed because I felt like I didn't have enough time to study the way that I wanted, but it worked out well. So, I shouldn't have been as hard on myself. It was definitely a different feel because we had just come off of studying for one set of tests and had to jump back into it, so I think that made a huge difference. My motivation has been pretty good, and I have been a pretty hardcore morning person the past couple of weeks. I'm usually up by 6:00 to get some studying in before class starts at 9:00. It's not exactly my favorite, but I'll do what I have to do.    

     This week, I'll be preparing for my second histology and biochemistry exam, so that will comprise my studying for the week. 

Outfits



     Thursday: I wore my olive linen jacket over a black striped high-low tank, black leggings with a zipper detailing at the ankle, and my black sandals.


     Friday: I wanted to go for a girlier vibe, so I paired a white lace dress ( I got this one at H&M forever ago) with a chambray shirt and my nude sandals. 

      
     Monday: I was so tired, so not a lot of consideration went into outfit planning. I just went for a casual look. I wore my favorite pair of Gap ripped jeans with this light blue top ( I love the back detailing on this top!) and my camel sandals.


     Tuesday: I finally brought out my shirt dress! This was super cute, but sadly it wrinkles like crazy, so I was kind of annoyed by that. Regardless, I was feeling really classy. I paired it with my nude sandals and threw on a navy cardigan when it got a bit chilly in class.


     Wednesday: It was super hot outside, so I opted to go for some white linen shorts and a navy striped tank from the loft. I also brought along a chambray shirt and I threw that on when it got a bit chilly in class.

     Something that I've noticed as I've been doing these posts is that a lot of the pieces in my wardrobe mix and match really well. I haven't done an official capsule wardrobe, but I feel that for many of these outfits I have been incorporating that. 

     Like I said earlier, the remainder of the week I shall be studying hard for biochem and histo. Nothing too crazy over here. If you read my post last Tuesday, you'll know that I had been apartment hunting. Well, my roomie and I found a place! We still have to finish the paperwork and what not, but I can't wait to show it to you and talk about decorating it:) I hope you guys have a fantastic week! I'll talk to you soon!

~Genesis<3

No comments