The End of SPP


     Hello! I know that it has certainly been a minute since I have posted anything, and for that,  I greatly apologize. The last week of SPP hit like a wave, so I had to take a step back in order to stay afloat. Thankfully, I will have a few weeks of rest before the beginning of M1 year, so you can expect to see more of me:)

The Final Struggle

     The last week and a half of the program were filled with knowing that the end was near, and with the end came our final hurdle. We finished our last regular exams on Monday and by Tuesday, the thought of finals was very clear in our minds. At that point, we had taken nine exams, but another five exams separated us from the end. Last weekend, I spent the majority of my time trying to prepare for exams. Exam day came and I just tried to give it everything that I had. Hitting "End Test" for the last time (for a while at least) was such an incredible feeling, but definitely surreal as being a quasi-medical student is all I have known for the past six weeks. Overall, I felt like exams went rather well, and we got results today that I did well in the program.  I am so thankful for this experience, and everything that it has allowed me to learn along the way. I've had a taste of what to expect in the next coming year (although I've been told that SPP definitely is more rigorous),  I've begun to build my peer network, and I've been able to verify that I am doing exactly what I love. Trust me, it's not easy, but in the struggle you remember that you are working towards everything that you've ever dreamed of and that is an incredible feeling. I can't wait to begin my journey towards the next four years!

Outfits

   
     Thursday: I was tryin to look put together, so I wore one of my favorite Express portofino shirts with my navy chinos.

     Friday: The warm weather called for shorts, so I whipped out a pair I bought for the summer. I LOVE nautical themed items, so these anchor shorts were a must buy for me. I went for one of my favorite pairings and paired my turquoise anchor shorts with a cobalt tank.


     Monday: It was my last set of normal exams, so I wanted to keep it simple. I went with a classic black and white look. 


     Tuesday: I was seriously loving this outfit. I picked up this top from Gap last summer and it's been so fun to wear! I think it's mostly because of the color.


     Wednesday: I brought out another top that had not yet made it's round. I got this one on sale from JCP from their Liz Claiborne collection.


Thursday: I went for bold combo pairing my daisy print pixie pants with my coral scalloped top. 


     Friday: We were getting to the weekend, so I wanted to just be a bit more relaxed. I paired a Gap tee with my Gap ripped jeans.


     Tuesday: It was the first round of finals, so I just kept it really simple. That and I wanted to wear my Kate Spade keds. 

    Wednesday: The struggle was real. I didn't have time to snap a pic, but I just wore my black zip leggings with a chambray shirt. I've shown both of them on the blog before, so I figured it's not a big deal.

    I hope you guys enjoyed the update! I am hoping that I can go back to a regular schedule next week. I need to think up some posts first:) I hope you guys have a fabulous week and I'll be talking to you soon!

~Genesis<3



No comments