Dry Shampoo Review




     As part of maintaining my blonde hair, washing less frequently has been a necessity, and with that of course, comes finding a way to get rid of grease in between washes. I naturally tend to have oily hair, so dry shampoo has been a product that I've been using for a while. Recently, I feel that I've come across products that have really left an impression on me and obviously, I'd like to share the knowledge!

Osis+ Refresh Dust

     This dry shampoo was one of the first salon brands that I tested out and Schwarzkopf as a brand has some really great products, so I expected just as much from their dry shampoo. This particular dry shampoo works best for short-term use (i.e. we are just trying to extend in between a wash or so), but doesn't really do well for heavy duty use (at least not in my hair). Although it isn't my number one, it still is on my top five list mainly because it smells great and it does a great job not leaving a grey-cast in my hair.
AG Hair Simply Dry Dry Shampoo

     Ever since trying AG hair products in March, this product has been my ride-or-die. This dry shampoo does an excellent job keeping up with me no matter how long I would like to go in between washes (Which is typically around every three days...maybe four if necessary). Something that I've also noticed is that this is one of those dry shampoos that I don't have to pile on. I can put some on one day and the next day it still has pretty good oil control. As with other AG products, the scent is lovely, and it sprays on without leaving a residue. 

Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo

     This product was a recent discovery for me and let me tell you, I was impressed. I picked this up on a whim because I wasn't going to get a chance to make it to a salon store with my sister, so I bought this one at my local Target. This was pretty much the only dry shampoo that I used during SPP, and I thought it worked just as well as my beloved AG Simply Dry. Best part? It was only 5!!! So for the people that want to stay at a drugstore price point, I highly recommend that you try this one as it's probably the best drugstore dry shampoo that I've tried. 

Using Dry Shampoo
     
     To get the most out of your dry shampoo, it is best to apply about 4-7 inches away from your scalp and then give it some time to soak in. I typically will apply my dry shampoo and then will go off to do my makeup. When you've given it some time to settle, just use your fingers to work it into your scalp and then massage out the rest. In general, your hair will take some time getting used to not being washed as frequently, but using dry shampoo can help while you are in transition. Over time, your hair will get used to going longer between washes and you won't need to use as much dry shampoo.

     So, for the days that you woke up a bit late from your post-all-nighter nap and you don't have a lot of time to wash your hair, dry shampoo can be your best friend. Also, it is a great thing to use to freshen up after hitting the gym, when you don't want to walk out looking a hot mess, in case you run into the cute Histology T.A. 

I hope you are having a wonderful start to your week, and I will be talking to you soon! 

~Genesis<3

     

No comments