Word for 2016!



























     Happy New Year! So, I hope everyone had a marvelous time ringing in the new year! Something that caught my eye this weekend as I was lounging around trying to recover from several nights of serious sleep deprivation was the "word of the year" theme on people's Instagram posts.

     Last year, I didn't specifically designate a word for the year, but If I had to choose one, I would say that my word would have been "Dare". My theme for the year was to try to step out of my comfort zone and be more daring. I aimed to try new things and not be afraid of change, and I am very happy with how the year went.

     This year, I definitely wanted to choose something meaningful as my word. I know that 2016 is going to be a big year for me. So, I chose the word "Inspire" to be my word for this year. The tail end of this past year, I really wanted to commit to doing the things that I had always wanted to do. Blogging was at the top of that list and much of why I want to keep up a blog is to be able to share my journey through medical school. This year I hope to inspire others who might be interested in the medical school route and I want to offer as much advice as I possibly can. On a more personal note, I want to be able to keep myself inspired. I want to keep up with my creative plans and I think having the word inspire at the front of my mind might help with that. Also, I want to keep inspired as I begin my journey through medical school. A piece of advice that pretty much any med student has given me along the way is to prepare myself, as medical school can get insane. I want to remain inspired throughout my journey, but especially when it might be easy to forget why I am doing this in the first place. Hopefully, my word inspires you to pick a word to motivate your journey for this year, and I hope that it is an incredible year:)
~Genesis<3

No comments