January Recap 2016

For today's post, I wanted to start a little series that I want to bring back at the end of each month. I don't know about you, but one of my favorite parts of reading other blogs is getting to know the person behind the blog, especially when they do the same things I do. I think it'll be fun to share my life, so we shall see how it goes!



     January has been a pretty calm month, which I definitely appreciate after the crazy holiday season. I've spent the majority of it either working or doing fun things with friends, but I have also done a lot for myself. Something I had been aiming for was to get more organized and I feel like I've been doing more of that this month. I've also slowly started incorporating workouts into my schedule and I'm very happy with how that has been going for me. This week's victory has been the fact that I actually woke up at 6:45 so that I could fit in a quick run before heading to work. I am NOT a morning person by any means, so for me this was a pretty big deal! Overall, I think this month has had a very centering vibe for me and has helped set me up for things I would like to do in the future. I am very content with the footing that I have placed and I can't wait to see what I can do with it.

Highlights


- My best friend moved into her Chicago apartment at the beginning of the month, so this has obviously brought about several outings with my Chicago squad (which includes the two of us and my other best friend). Our girls' nights have had us on all sorts of adventures and creating so many new memories that I couldn't be more thrilled to be in the same city as them.

My Chicago squad<3

G being adorable as ever at our wine tasting.

Me and my bestie, Meg.
- Speaking of this amazing city, I also received notice about a week ago that I have officially been placed in the Chicago Track for Med School! Like I noted in my accepted part 2 blog, the likelihood of me being placed in Chicago was very high, but I'm so happy that it's finally official. Staying in Chicago for med school has always been my dream so for me, it feels like a great accomplishment. I honestly couldn't be more ecstatic and you better believe I celebrated this with my Chicago squad


- I've stuck with blogging for two months now! I had previously blogged before, but I never actually stuck with it, until now. I've been teeming with creative energy lately and feel very inspired to keep this up to see where I can take it. I have so many future plans for the blog, and I can wait to see how they all pan out.

Looking forward

- Obviously, as the months pass I get closer to med school (which will be in seven months!), but I'm anticipating that February will be loads of fun. My best friend turns 22 around Valentine's weekend, so we have some fun things planned in celebration. Otherwise, I feel that it should be another pretty relaxed month of working and blogging, but it shall be great.

I hope you guys have had a great start to your year and that next month bring many great things! 

~Genesis<3

No comments