Word for 2017!


     
     One of my favorite things to do at the beginning of each year is to think about what my goals are for the year ahead. As part of that, something that I did at the start of last year was to pick a word that would be my theme for the year. I had seen it over social media and the concept of having a theme as a guiding force seemed like a cool idea. Last year, I picked the word inspire. As I was just starting out my blog and on the verge of beginning my career in medicine, I wanted to personally keep the inspiration going as well as inspire anyone else that happened to stumble upon my blog. I think I did fairly well for the most part, but I will surely admit that my first semester definitely took a toll on my blog presence, but I will definitely forgive myself for that as I was working towards other goals.

     This year, I have chosen the word awareness as my word of the year. Something that really inspired me last year was reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (I even wrote a blog post about it!) and one of the major themes was about listening to what the universe was telling you to do. Something that I've noted as I've been going through life is how everything mysteriously seems to fall into place and things are working in ways that we wouldn't even expect. A story that comes to mind when I think of this is how I met my roommate. Back when I had my first interview for medical school, my roommate and I actually interviewed on the same day. Obviously back then I had no idea that we would end up at the same school, and to be honest we didn't keep in contact. Several months after I got into my current medical school, the school had a mixer for the accepted students and that is where I met my current roommate again. I walked up to her and told her that I remembered her from interviewing at this school together. She admitted that she didn't remember, but that was because it was the first school that I had interviewed at. Regardless, we ended up getting in contact about rooming together before school started and it's been working out rather well ever since. It's crazy that out of the thousands of interviewees that could've been there on the same day as me, we ended up in the same place at the same time on both occasions. I don't know if we can exactly call it divine intervention, but it is certainly a crazy coincidence. This year, I would like to be more aware of what the universe has in the works around me as well as be aware of the things going on in my life. I'm hoping that it'll continue to show me how fortunate I am, but also guide me in my journey this year.

~Genesis<3

    

No comments