Wardrobe Goals

     The past couple weeks, I've been thinking a lot about my style and what I am aiming to wear now that I will be beginning my program and later beginning medical school. During undergrad, the dress code was very lax. You pretty much dressed however you wanted and that could range from yoga pants and a hoodie to a pretty dress. For medical school, each school seems to have their own expectations, but I do think a more put-together look is expected and personally, that is what I am aiming for. Today's post is dedicated to sharing some of the items I've found online that I think would look great in my hypothetical closet. 

The Change

     I really haven't been the type of girl to show up to class dressed bummy (the exception might be freshman year, but freshman year doesn't count) and as I went through college, my style definitely evolved. I never walked into class in a pencil skirt, but I tried to look as put-together as possible. As I was heading into senior year, I also had a better sense of my personal style and I think much of that has remained intact today. So, what am I changing? Going forward, I want to add more professional pieces to my wardrobe. I am for sure looking for more pencil skirts and dress pants. Also, I need more dressy work tops. these changes are due to the fact that you do have to dress up to "see patients" and you want to look professional. 

Bottoms

     I didn't really pick out any pants because those are pretty standard, but I did find some cute skirts to share! In addition to the picks below, I would like to pick up some other neutral bottom options (i.e. gray and navy).



     This asymmetrical mint pencil skirt is from the limited (The links for everything will be the titles). I am a huge turquoise (and every similar shade) fan. So, to me, this would be a perfect addition to my wardrobe. Mint looks beautiful with navy (which makes up a majority of my closet) and I love that the style would be a bit fun.



     A classic black pencil skirt is always a must have and this one from the limited is a great classic pick. I believe this style is high waisted, so that'll help it be a bit more flattering.



     I was perusing through H&M's website and I came across this beauty. I love the pattern and I think it is just muted enough to be work/professional friendly. To me, this skirt says, "I like to look polished, but I still like to have fun when I'm not here."

Tops

     For tops, I think as a medical student you have some leeway as you are going to most likely have a white coat thrown over your outfit. So, sleeveless options are doable.



     I saw this top online at The Limited and I really loved the cut of it. I don't know if the neckline might be a bit too much, but I like the look of it, especially for the summertime. This would also look super great paired with the patterned skirt above!



     This blouse from The Limited is very similar to a couple of the Express Portofino tops that I currently have in my closet. I tend to like this style because they are very versatile and can look cute with a pencil skirt or also with some jeans for a night out. I also really love this shade of blue!



     I am a total Kate Spade fan. So, this gold dotty blouse is totally up my alley. I love how simple yet elegant it seems and I think it would make a fun yet put-together look.

Random Items

     In addition to business wear, there are a couple other items that I would like to add to my closet. I could use a few more outerwear options, a couple more shoes, and another school bag wouldn't hurt.



     How fun is this jacket?!? Sadly, even if I was going to buy it, the only size they have left on the gap website is a size small and I need a medium. I love the color, though. Traditionally, you find utility jackets in army green, but this fuchsia one has girly flair. I would love it for my more casual outfits and since a lot of my stuff is navy it would make for a great pop of color.



     I've been debating what I want to carry to school, but I'm currently thinking I want it to be a tote bag. I bought an adorable one to use for my upcoming program, so I'll be testing it out to see whether I would like that instead of a backpack. I saw this one online and fell in love. I think it would be perfect to carry a few items to class. I am thinking that all I'd really want to carry would be my laptop and maybe a binder, so this one might cut it. I also really like that it folds over at the top, so my stuff won't get wet.



     You can never really go wrong with a classic nude flat, and this pair by lucky brand is a style I really like. They might be a tad too casual to wear in a more professional setting, but I do think they'd be perfect to wear to class with a more casual outfit.

     So, other than what I have found above, I would like to build upon my current closet. I have some items in mind that I would like to add, but I'll save that for a later post. I hope you are having a lovely week and I will be talking to you soon!

~ Genesis<3




No comments