About Me


     Hello, April! So, the beginning of April has been rather crazy in the Chicagoland area. We've been getting a bit of snow and after having a nice stretch of beautiful weather, the cold feels worse than winter time. I'm assuming that I feel that way because I am soo ready for spring. On the subject of spring, I was thinking about how I have been blogging for quite a while now and I really haven't talked much about myself besides what you can probably glean from my posts. So, I figured I'd do a post about who I am so that you can get to know the person behind the blog!

General

Age: 23 (Birthday 11/15)

Ethnicity: Mexican and Nicaraguan ( My Dad is Mexican American and my Mom is Nicaraguan)

Family: I am the oldest of two. I have one younger sister, Emelina (A.K.A Eme) who you've seen in some of my posts/videos. We were raised by two of the most lovable, kind-hearted, and quirky people (haha) which I think has a lot to do with the way I am. My parents are the babies of two large families, so we have plenty of extended family. 

Major/Minor: I majored in Biology with a minor in Psychology. 

Favorites

Color: Turquoise! It's a borderline obsession because I have pretty much all my belongings in that color, and it has sort of become my thing (haha). It's funny because when people get things for me, they'll give it to me in that color.

Season: Fall. I love spring fashion, but my favorite weather is always the fall. Chicago falls are always so beautiful, and being a fall baby has a lot to do with my bias;)

Sport: Hockey. I used to play tennis in high school, but my favorite sport to watch will always be hockey. Naturally, being from Chicago makes me a Blackhawks fan, but I love the sport in general, so I'll watch other teams play as well.

Meal of the day: Brunch. If I was given the option to go out for a fancy dinner or a fancy brunch, I would pick brunch ( if you couldn't already tell from all the times I've gone to brunch on this blog). I love breakfast food, so  brunch is always a winner for me.

Music: I would say that I mainly gravitate towards pop, but I do listen to a little bit of everything. I can go from Taylor Swift to Drake, so it really depends on what I am feeling.

Random Facts


  • I did voice training for over 6 years and I also sang in my high school choir. I sang soprano I so, they'd make me hit the high notes (yay me...haha). I had a private instructor that would yell at me help me to sing in proper form for recitals and also some contests. I usually did really well, but I had horrible stage fright, so that made it rather stressful. I love to sing but I didn't continue on through college because of the stress I got from performing. Now, I just sing in the shower, around the house, in the car, and occasionally in public (haha).
  • I love interior design. One of my favorite channels is HGTV because I love to see how people remodel/decorate houses. Decorating a room has to be one of my favorite things in the whole world.
  • I loveeee stationery. I could probably open my own store with all the stuff I have, but I'll be in school for another while, so I might need it;) If I could have any side dream job It would be owning my own stationery company.
  • I love planning and decorating my planner. I've made it my version of scrapbooking.
  • I am a total girly girl, but I also love the outdoors. I love to go hiking and it's something that I love to do with my friend Elida.
  • I am a total foodie. I love food and I love to eat. So, my life struggle consists of trying to live a healthy lifestyle and eating delicious things. Sometimes, delicious things win, but I've been trying to be really healthy lately.
  • I'm an outgoing introvert. I can come off a bit shy at first, but once you get to know me I can be very silly. I just love to have a good time:)
  • I love helping people (Obviously). So, going into a service-oriented career will allow me to do quite a bit of that. 

Overall, I'd like to think I'm a pretty well-rounded person. I like a little bit of everything and I'm always down to try new things. Obviously, there's so much more to me, but that is to be discovered;) I hope the start of April has been going well for you! I'll talk to you soon!

~Genesis<3







No comments